Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We're in Sarasota

We arrived in Clearwater last night about 20 minutes late. We left Des Moines about a half hour late because they had to de-ice the plane before we left. We had a very good flight with a FULL plane. The flight is billed as being 3 hours, but we got here in 2 hrs and 20 min. It's always good to get out of the airplane!! We went to Bob & Ann's - they came to pick us up. We got up early this morning to go bowling! I thought this was something that I could beat Bob at - ha! Bob said most of the time he doesn't even get 100. Now I used to carry a 167 average - but that was 20 years ago. Let's just say that I didn't even come close to that today!! I did beat Bob the first game, but the second game he put together 4 strikes and ended with a 181...his second highest game ever! I brought the best out in him!! It was fun to bowl again, once I got over being so stiff! I used to bowl with a 15 pound ball; today I used an 11 pound ball and I would have hated to try one any heavier!! After bowling, about 30 of us went to The Dugout for lunch. Then we came back and went over to our place to meet the renters and look around a little. We actually got to sit in chairs and what have you. We determined that the yellow room is the first one to get redecorated - the yellow is UGLY!! Actually, that's AFTER we take down the curtains!!

Tomorrow we're going to Ft Lauderdale. I guess Jami & Tom and the kids are busy tomorrow night, so we're hoping we get to see Sudi & Howard! Maybe it would be a good night to hit Bru's room...or wherever! We'll be calling you!

Tonight we're also excited to tell you that our friend, Barry, who's been so gravely ill, is doing better and may get to go home tomorrow. They had to shock his heart because he went into Atrial fibrillation yesterday. Bless his heart and praise God!!

By the way, for our Iowa friends, it was 77 today at noon!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...