Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tomorrow's the Day

Tomorrow afternoon we fly to Florida. I am definitely ready to get there. I'm getting tired of freezing! I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my coat. We're not checking any luggage, so all we've got is carry-on and it doesn't take long for those to get full. I guess I can just wear a jacket instead of a heavy coat...if Dave will let me get by with that!

Today's sermon was another good one. David talked about Jesus' changing the water into the wine and how Mary just basically had faith that Jesus would do it...and that's the kind of faith we need...that Jesus and God will take care of the problems we have if we just turn them over! Today was the first day that our church had a screen up front with words to the music on it. It worked pretty well because we knew the songs...if I don't know a song, I would prefer having music to read, instead of just words. Our Postlude today was a piano solo by an 8th grader in our church. She played two beautiful pieces - both memorized and both classical pieces which used most of the keys on the keyboard. Wow! She is very good.

This afternoon we packed and did things around here that we still needed to do before we leave. I vacuumed the entire downstairs and now my back is acting up. It was good to get done though, because I'll really like coming home to a clean house. We also did laundry and tomorrow we'll run the dishwater and water the plants before we shut off the water.

I may not get to blog tomorrow night - we'll see. Pray for a safe flight! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...