Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Ides of March

I don't know if you know what I am talking about when I say that today is the Ides of March...I said this the other night at church and no one knew what I was talking about....I'm just going to let you wonder or look it up yourself if you're so inclined!

Tonight at sorority, we had a short quiz about St. Patrick and our knowledge of Irish lore. We had 11 questions and I only got 5 answers correct. Can't believe I didn't know more about St. Patrick and the "little leprechauns!" I do know that March 17th is St. Patrick's Day AND my mother-in-law's birthday!! I also know that my grandchildren LOVE St. Patrick's Day! On St. Patty's Day, the leprechauns visit their home, turning things upside down, leaving footprints on the tile, and even painting shamrocks on their bull terrier!! I'm sure they also get money and candy in their little pots of gold! No wonder they love it!

This was a beautiful day in SE Iowa. We had temps around 55 degrees and the sun was shining brightly. It's still 45 here even at 10:00 PM! Tomorrow it's supposed to be near 60 and on Thursday, we might even hit 70!! Dave and I got the lawn tractor out today and I drove it around the yard, mulching leaves while he picked up sticks and put them in the little wagon I was pulling. It felt so good to be outside!! Dave even power-washed both vehicles just to get the salt/sand/mud off of them from the lousy winter weather we've had!! The car is a long ways from being clean, but it's sure better than it was!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...