Saturday, March 19, 2011

Last Day of Winter

Today is officially the last day of winter - yay!! I understand that spring is supposed to officially arrive sometime tomorrow afternoon - the sooner, the better! It really is starting to "smell" like spring, but I want it to feel and look like spring! I'm ready for green grass and green trees and WARM weather! Today wasn't too bad, though. It was 56 this afternoon, but a strong breeze made it feel a little cooler.

We went to the Evening Lions' pancake breakfast this morning at the KC Hall. They had either pancakes and sausage or biscuits and gravy...I had pancakes, Dave had the gravy! We sat with some neighbors that live about 5 houses down...that was fun because we don't see them much. They have a '54 Olds that they wrecked last year, but they haven't fixed it yet. The whole front end of it is demolished! He doesn't know if he's even going to fix it - they have other toys, like a touring bike and a boat! She's worked at South Ottumwa Savings Bank for 52 years and she's going to retire. Her last day at the bank is 3/31. She and another VP of the bank are going out on the same day - they represent 87 years of service in the bank in O-town! That's a lot of time on one job!! She said it's time - she finally feels ready to leave and she's excited about it. Maybe we'll see more of them!

After breakfast, Dave called Bryan to see if we could go to Waterloo and take him out for lunch. Unfortunately, he didn't call back until about 11:00, so our lunch was a little late! We went to a place called Chalapa's (I think) - a Mexican restaurant that was wonderful! Then we had to check out Bryan's upstairs to see what progress he's making. He's so very talented - his bathroom upstairs is beautiful and he's about ready to start tiling his laundry room. He's got all the carpet up and is ready for the underlayment. It's a big project, but something he loves to do! While we were there, he got out some chocolate for us to try. It was milk chocolate with Apple smoked bacon bits...not my favorite. I love bacon and I love chocolate, but I didn't particularly like them together! He also had some lacy things he'd bought at World Market - they were wonderful. They tasted like flattened out Heath bars!!

I drove up to Waterloo and Dave drove back! In case Ann is reading this...guess how many chihuahua puppies they had in Dysart. Dave guessed 7 and I guessed 5 - they had 8!!! They need to sell some puppies! For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, there's a place in Dysart where they raise chihuahuas and they have a sign in their front yard telling how many puppies they have each day. My family always plays a guessing game to see who gets closest to the correct number. Dave won today.

In closing, here's a picture I love and wanted to share - it's one of those pictures that transports me back to S Florida. It's kind of a warm-fuzzy! Enjoy!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...