Sunday, March 20, 2011

A taste of summer!

It was absolutely beautiful today. I was awakened this morning to a heavy thunderstorm - love that thunder and lightening! The rain we had made our grass green-up! My dad always said it was the lightening that made the grass green - either way, it sure looks green compared to yesterday. By the time I got out of church, it was 69 degrees out and the sun was trying to shine. It was 73 here at 6:00 PM...unbelievable! It was fun to look at the three cities I have listed on my computer desktop...it was 73 in Ottumwa, 74 in Clearwater and 75 in Fort Lauderdale! Unfortunately the other two cities will continue to have warm weather whereas we're supposed to go back into the 40's again later this weak.

Church was great as usual. Pastor David talked about "feeding God's sheep". It was another powerful sermon. There were 3 little girls sitting in the front pews (they were in the children's choir) and they were mesmerized by David's sermon. They all 3 gave him their undivided attention. Very interesting, considering they are probably all 11 and under. After church we went with several church people to El Potro for lunch. It's been a while since we've done that.

I watched part of the race until it was time for Bible study. Then this evening I got to watch part of the UNI women's game. Unfortunately, they got beat by 3, but they played really well. It turned out to be a bad weekend for women's sports in the state of Iowa...all 3 teams lost their games and are out of the NCAA tournament. At least they got there - that's better than lots of teams in the country.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with Dr. Hill at 8:45 AM and then I have a meeting in the afternoon at 5:00. In between I've got to get my tax papers together because Tuesday morning I meet with the guy who prepares our taxes. Yuck! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...