Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011

Another gray, gray day in southeastern Iowa - and I must say, I'M GETTING TIRED OF GRAY!!!! Whew, do I feel better - thank you for letting me scream a little!

Today I'm going to share a couple more cards with you. First of all, all of the papers, inks, stamps, etc. are Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted. This card is made of melon mango - one of my favorite colors. I added a lighter pink (from JoAnn's) to it and then centered the three flower panels on it. I made a couple of different versions of this card - I really think it turned out well. I'm sorry that when I scanned it, it was crooked. :( I'll try harder next time!
This card is CASE'd from one I saw online. The one I copied was done in an old gold, but I didn't have anything but this color. I also used three amber colored "rhinestones" whereas the original card had gold ones. It's really a pretty card in person - very classy! It's a card I'll do again in different color waves.
Today I was supposed to give blood, but since I've still got a loose cough, they wouldn't take my blood! I've been working in my craft room trying to re-organize it, so I was glad that I got to come back home without giving blood. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in my little room...I need to take everything out (a clean sweep) and then put it back in, organizing as I go. I just don't have room to do that clean sweep - My craft room is so small, I can hardly turn around in it as is!! So, I guess I'll clean out my fabric closet and a dresser and start from there. The fabric is such that it's not usable right now, so I have to fix that! I know I've got "stuff" in my closet that I'll never use, so I guess I'd better get a box started for a garage sale this spring/summer! Yuck!

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, so we'll be going to dinner at church and then staying for the service at 6:30. I have decided to give up Mafia Wars for Lent. This is really going to be hard for me, because I really like that dumb game! I wanted to get all the way done with the Bangkok and Italy levels, but there's no way that's going to happen, so now's as good a time as any. After Easter I may go back and try to catch up - we'll see. I've never been back to my Zoo after I quit it!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...