Monday, March 7, 2011

My Birthday

If the sun would have come out, this would have been a perfect day. Instead it was gray, gray, gray!! I got to sleep in this morning and then had breakfast in bed, while I read the newspaper. This is the card that Dave got for me - it really looks hand-made. As I studied it, I decided that I'd try to make MY version of this card for Vicki, whose birthday is Wednesday.

So this is my version:
I used all Stampin' Up papers, inks, and stamps. The ribbon was something I had in my stash. It was actually about 1/2" wide, so I cut it in half with a rotary cutter. I didn't have any bright blue marker that would show up as well as the purchased card, but I think my version has the same effect. I'm pretty proud of myself!! I hope Vicki likes it. I may make some more of this card later - it's a very striking combination of embossing and stamping.

I also worked on our Alaska trip today. I will be purchasing our airline tickets tomorrow. I didn't realize how long a trip it is from Anchorage to Seattle - it's like 5.5 hours in a plane! Wow - Anchorage is a long ways away!! The flights out of Anchorage are late night flights - I guess I'll just take an extra tranquilizer and sleep all the way! (I hope, anyway!!)

I got on Facebook tonight to look at all my birthday messages. At last count I had 115 of them from all over the US, plus from Brazil, Poland, and Germany! What fun! I also had phone calls from my brother, two of my nieces, Jami, 2 PEO sisters, and a lady from church. Then I got cards too!! This has been a fun day. Thank you all!! Sudi, I'm sure glad we didn't go to Amana this last weekend. I'm going to try to get my craft/sewing room cleaned up to where I can find things when I look for them! I don't need any more fabric for a while!!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...