Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday

Dave surprised me this morning by telling me we were going to Cantril after breakfast. I needed several things and I figured I'd be going by myself, but he took me instead! When we got there all the parking places on both sides of the street were full...just like on Saturdays! I swear this is southeast Iowa's favorite shopping spot! Anyway it was a fun drive. We saw lots of green grass...not summer green, mind you, but it was green nonetheless. I also saw a red-winged blackbird and thousands of Canadian geese flying around. I sure hope they are all harbingers of spring! It actually got to 54 today, so it turned into a nice day. We didn't even wear coats!!

Tonight we picked up Kyle and took him with us to the Wapello Country Historical Society soup supper. It's all you can eat soup, cornbread, and dessert for $6.00 - we're big spenders!! Then he came back here with us and we just chatted. He's been at his job now for 6 days and seems to like it very well. Next week he starts on his shift work. He'll work Monday and Tuesday either 5 AM to 5 PM or 6 to 6, then off on Wed. & Thursday and work again Friday thru Sunday. Then the next week he'll only work Wed & Thurs and be off the rest of the time. That sounds like a pretty good work schedule to me!

Tomorrow is my last PEO meeting at President and I must say I'm looking forward to it. I've gone through everything and I'm ready to hand everything over to Peggy! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...