Friday, March 4, 2011

A Good Friday!

This was a beautiful day - up until about 2:30 anyway! It started raining/drizzling about then and with the temps in the lower 40's it was downright chilly out. I started out this morning waaaayyy early (for me, anyway)! I got up at 7:00, came downstairs and peeled potatoes, carrots, onions, etc. for a pot roast for some friends of ours - she just had knee replacement surgery and he's the one who had gone into A-fib two times last month! I actually fixed 2 pot roasts - one for them and one for us, so I had to peel twice as many potatoes, carrots, etc.!

PEO was at 9:30, so I had to hurry around a little just to get ready. This was my last day as President of my chapter. We had 18 members present and all went smoothly, even the installation. For the most part, my voice even held up! When I got home from PEO, our house smelled so good!! Dave had been at church working this morning and came home for lunch. He said that he was planning to surprise me, but since I'd fixed the pot roast for us, he thought he'd better confess that he'd invited Sue & Craig and Nan to join us at the Club for dinner in honor of my approaching birthday! So, we unplugged our pot roast and stuck it in the refrigerator to finish cooking Sunday morning! After lunch I baked brownies so that Barry & Mary would have dessert with their pot roast - us too, of course!!

Tonight we went to the Club - reservations at 6:00 and we didn't get home until 9:00. It was fun just sitting there gabbing with good friends! The talk of the Country Club tonight was Coach Kidder's resignation - or forced resignation, as the case may be! Either way, it's a good day for IHCC!! It was in the paper this morning, so I called my brother to tell him - he found out yesterday from Coach Carroll, who's entertaining the thought of applying for the job. I don't think he will, but it WOULD be fun if he was the coach again!!

That's all for tonight - I'm going stamping at 9:00 in the morning, so hopefully I have something cool to show you tomorrow!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...