Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beautiful Day!!!

We sure had a beautiful day here in SE Iowa today!! Right now, it is showing 76 degrees both here in O-town and in Clearwater, Florida!! Fort Lauderdale is showing 78 - pretty cool that we're the same here as those towns in Florida are! Unfortunately, ours won't last and theirs will! I think tomorrow's supposed to be nice again and then the rest of the week will be 50's and 60's! Spring in Iowa - you gotta love it!! Dave and I worked in the yard this afternoon. I ran the lawn mower with the de-thatcher behind it while Dave picked up sticks and did other things. Then he took over and swept the thatch up with the lawn sweeper, and after that he rolled the lawn. Now when it rains our yard should look really pretty! He also blew all the winter dirt out of my garage and got the lawn chairs out!! It was a wonderful day to work outside! I've had the doors and windows open ever since I got home from Fairfield about 1:30 or so!

I went to see Mae this morning. She acted very glad to see me! She repeated things LOTS today, though. Ray came in just as I was getting ready to leave. She didn't know him. She asked me who that guy was. I'm hoping she doesn't move to Mt.P yet. That's a long drive from over here!

I thought I'd share some more Florida beauty with you tonight. This hibiscus is one of two at our place in Clearwater. This is one of the prettiest reds that I've seen.
This is a picture of a laughing gull at Tampa Bay. He's got his summer plumage already. Some kids had thrown some pretzels into the Bay and the gulls were attacking those pretzels. This guy waited until everyone else got theirs and then he dove in for one.

Here is a view from the Columbia restaurant on Sand Key. Columbia's is a great place to eat with a beautiful view! It's in an area called the Boardwalk. This wooden walkway covers 2-3 blocks there on the Bay. We've eaten here twice now and both times we've loved it. This time we took Maury, Roberta, Judy and Ray with us!


The first empty chair you see there is where we were sitting. That's my chair - I was up taking pictures!! I hope you enjoy this beauty!

Tomorrow is going to be another busy day. Church in the morning and Bible Study in the afternoon. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...