Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beautiful Sunday

Today was another gorgeous day! It was warmer here than in Fort Lauderdale!! The wind was a little strong, but at least it was warm. I could get used to this lovely weather...unfortunately I'm afraid it's going to change! Church this morning was just great. Pastor David delivered another outstanding sermon! He was talking about rejection and our rejecting God by not doing His will. The service started with another symbol of the season. Pastor David and Elizabeth were washing each other's feet. Dave and I did the reading which accompanied their diorama...very dramatic! I also stayed for Sunday School where Becky was talking about the ordination requirements of PCUSA. There are amendments which will be voted upon that will, if passed, not limit a person from being ordained because of their sexual preference. Very interesting material. After church and lunch, Dave worked in the yard while I read and watched the Master's. Those young men who are now on the professional circuit are very good! Tiger is old at 35 - can you believe it??

This evening, I thought I heard the emu that is loose in Ottumwa squawk, so I went outside with my camera. I didn't see the emu, but here is a shot I got of the clouds off to the west of Ottumwa. Sorry about all those stupid telephone/electrical lines! I can't get a picture around here without them in it!! Anyway, I thought these clouds were so beautiful!


I also wanted to share with you how pretty our forsythia is this year! I know everyone's bushes are beautiful, but I think our's is exceptional!! Look at the contrast between the vibrant yellow of the blooms and the brilliance of the blue sky!

Then here's a shot I took looking into the bush at a close distance. I just love the color of this plant this year. I saw today that some of the tulip trees were blooming too, so I'll have to get out and get some spring pictures!! I hope you enjoy them!
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...