Saturday, April 16, 2011

Busy, Busy weekend

I'm even tireder tonight, but I've got to let you know what a wonderful weekend this is shaping up to be! Yesterday my PEO meeting was lots of fun - 20 ladies there and everything went very smoothly! Then last night I drove to Fairfield for dinner with some of the "Girls of 66" at the Country Club. There were 18 of us, I think. Anyway, we had a great evening, as always when we get together...lots of laughs, some wine, more laughs!! I'll try to get time tomorrow to post some pictures.

Today First Presbyterian Church had their first annual egg-stravaganza! Lots of little kids and their parents came to decorate eggs and play egg games. I think everyone had a great time. I only heard one little girl cry...and she threw a little tizzy-fit! But it was short-lived! Once she got her way, she was all smiles again! Those of us who worked this event had as much fun as the little kids! I even colored some eggs for us!! Can't think how many years it's been since I did that!!

This evening, I went back to Fairfield to a pre-concert party at Sally's - again for the "Girls of 66" and a few significant others. Then we all went to the Sondheim Center to hear Gunnar and Matthew Nelson in a tribute to their late father, Ricky Nelson. It was a very good concert. Those boys are 44 now and Ricky has been gone for 18 years - how time flies! They interspersed Ricky Nelson songs (and a few of their own) with video clips of their dad as well as other members of the family...David, Ozzie, Harriet, their sister Tracy and their brother Sam. Very well done!!

Now I'm home and Dave didn't turn my light on, so I figured I'd mess with the computer instead of reading tonight. I haven't been able to get on FarmTown all day and still can't - so tomorrow I'll be plowing under all my withered crops!! Oh well...more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...