Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

We had a wonderful church service today. Pastor David led a parade of young disciples (the children) through the streets of Jerusalem (the church aisles) behind Jesus (imaginary). While he did this, the east side of the church was cheering Jesus and the west side was jeering Jesus. Very dramatic! Then the symbols presentation today was the hammer and nails. While the readers were telling about the symbols, a hammer pounding nails into wood was heard over the loud speakers...it made you have chills. I can't even imagine what he will do for Easter Sunday, but I'm sure it will be very effective.

This afternoon, after Bible Study, I was able to get some of my pictures uploaded. Now you can see some of what I've been up to the last few days!! This is a picture of Gunnar and Matthew Nelson on stage at the Sondheim Center in Fairfield. Wonderful concert!! The lighting in these public places isn't conducive for real good pictures. I'm sure they would be clearer if I knew how to change either my aperture or my ISO settings. I didn't want to mess with it during the concert though! Maybe next time I'm in a public building at a meeting or something, I can experiment with different settings!


Here is a picture of the "girls of 66" at the Fairfield Country Club. I guess there were only 16 of us at the dinner. Most of the ladies have on wine shirts...mine has chocolate as its theme, and Joneane's was a champagne theme. It was a fun night!!



This is a picture of our church's Saturday morning egg-stravaganza! This was just one table where lots of creativity was taking place!! I don't know that this little one got much out of it, but just wait until next year when he's a little older!! The last picture tonight is of a houseplant that I started from just a cutting. I think this is it's third year...and last week it started blooming! It's never bloomed before. It has the most delicate pink blooms all over it. I have no idea what this plant is. I just know that I think it's beautiful and I'm thrilled to death that it has survived and that it is blooming!! I don't know for sure what I'm going to do with it next year when we're gone a little longer! I may have to see if my friend Juliene will care for it. She and her husband seem to have green thumbs!!



More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...