Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Again!

Dave needed me to run some errands so I got up and about early this morning - or at least early for me! I had to take a tire to be repaired to Blackwell Tire. Curtis fixed it while I was waiting. I also had to pick up a prescription and some groceries and I was able to do some one-stop shopping at HyVee Drugstore - that was nice! They really have a lot of groceries now - even fresh fruit! Then I went out to Vista Woods to see my high school friend. She was in room 108, so I found it, but she wasn't there. The nurses' aides told me she was down watching television, so I went down there - no Leigh Ann...just ladies and men who were at least 85!! So, I went back down the hall to room 108 again. They said she WAS down there watching TV, so I finally said "I'm looking for Leigh Ann." They said, "Oh, she went home Saturday!! Sorry." Evidently the lady in that room now WAS watching TV!! I'm really glad for Leigh Ann, but I'm sorry I didn't get there to see her before she went back to Fairfield!!

After all of this, I came home, did laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and made a card!! Most of the materials are from Stampin' Up. Some of the papers are papers I got from various places, but the majority of the papers are SU. The ribbon is from Kaisercraft and the stamp is from a set I got off the internet. I'm not impressed with this set of stamps! Some acrylic stamps leave good impressions and others don't. This is one of the sets that do not leave sharp impressions. Don't you like my bow? Dave made me a peg board so I could tie perfect bows every time!!
I will do this card a little differently next time. Next time, I'll separate the 1 1/4" squares so that they're not right up against each other. I think a bit of the white background between the squares would add to the design. I would also use a darker ink. This is Tempting Turquoise...I just think a darker ink would look better.

My cousins moved my Aunt to Mt. Pleasant today! They said the move went well, except for some car sickness on the way over. They said she doesn't have any idea that she's not at home. Bless her heart.

Tonight I had a meeting at church and now I'm just waiting for Dave to get home. It's already 9:30 and he's...oops, there he is now!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...