Friday, April 22, 2011

Stamping Club

Today was our monthly stamp/card club at First Presbyterian. Juliene was the demonstrator today and she showed us how to make three cards. The first one was this scalloped square., which was made into a sympathy card. It was fun to make and is much prettier in person than it is in this scan! We used all Stampin' Up products - Juliene is a SU consultant! I guess the dragonfly embossing folder isn't from SU - it's a cuttlebug folder that Jan got online for Juliene.
I think this card is very attractive and if I had the die cut for the scalloped square, I'd probably make some more of these. You know, I may have a 4" die from Nestabilities...I'll have to check that out!
The second card we made was this one with the tulip on it. Again, the scan does nothing for this card! It is unique in the way it opens! I messed up with my "from the heart" - it should have been down lower so it would show better...then I also messed up on the inside of the card, too. I will be remaking this one! Everything on this card is from SU except the above-mentioned Cuttlebug embossing folder! The tulip is made by using the owl punch and modifying it! Very clever!!

This is the third card we made. I stamped it on the outside with River Rock, but you can barely see it...I guess I'll be making this one again too! Oh well! I always like to have a sample for my card album, so these will be my samples!! The flowers were colored with a white gel pen. The uniqueness of this card is how it opens too! Good job, Juliene!

Juliene also showed us how to make an envelope to fit any sized card. I was glad to see how to do that as I have often wanted to coordinate my envelope with my card!

This afternoon, while Dave worked on his garage, I got my hair cut. Yay! She gave me a new style - Dave really likes it, as do I. It's very different from the way I usually have my hair cut!

Tomorrow I'm getting up way early to go to Kalona to watch Allison play softball. It's supposed to be 62...I don't have a clue what to wear. Her colors are orange and black and if it were to be warmer, I'd wear an orange shirt and black shorts. I don't think 62 will be warm enough to wear shorts and sit outside all day! I think I'll wear jeans and take a coat!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...