Sunday, May 8, 2011

Gorgeous Day

Today was a beautiful day! Dave went to work early this morning, so I got up and went to church by myself. The last two weeks, Mark & Mary have been in charge of our praise music. We've been singing "old" songs that everyone knows, like I Saw the Light. So much fun! The choir anthem today was A Mother's Love and I made it through the song without crying! I'm not very good about not crying on Mother's Day. I really miss my mom! I never knew that I could miss her more than I miss my dad, but I do. She and I had so much fun once I moved back to SE Iowa. I am so glad that I got to spend such quality time with her! RIP, Mom!

After church, I came home and took a short nap. Jami and Bryan both called me to tell me Happy Mother's Day. That was really nice. I love those two kids! They are such wonderful adults! Dave got hot about 4:00 and we planted the perennials that I had bought, including 4 tomato plants. I also sowed some cilantro seeds and some zinnia seeds. Now we need some rain! Poor Dave is so tired - he's been asleep since about 7:00. I may not wake him up to go to bed - I may just let him sleep!

I'm watching Brothers & Sisters - the season finale! Next Sunday is Desperate Housewives' season finale. It ought to be good - they usually have a cliff hanger for a finale! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...