Saturday, May 7, 2011

Perfect Day

This was an absolutely beautiful day to sit outside and watch a softball game...well, actually 3 games!! Not only were there 3 games, but they were one right after the other. The Washington A's wear black and orange. Today their black pants were a little hot! Allison had on a black underarmor shirt under her jersey and after the first game, it came off! She ended up getting a little sunburned, but at least she was cooler!! I wore shorts and a short-sleeved top, but had a sweatshirt on for early this morning. It felt really good until about halfway through the first game and then I shed it! I am burned too. Both Allison and I had on sunscreen! My sunscreen was a 30 spf and I'm pretty sure Allison's was a 45, but we burned anyway. The A's lost their first game 6-5, but they came back from being down 6-0...they almost won that on. Then the second game was B-O-R-I-N-G!! It was a walk-a-thon. First they walked 5 of our girls, then we walked 5 of theirs. The second inning was the same thing...the pitchers were awful. When the third inning came around, we "batted" first and they walked 5 of our girls. Then Allison came in and got the outs with only 1 girl scoring. We won it! For the third game, Allison got to pitch the entire game and we won it 10-1 I think. She did a great job and our girls rocked the other pitcher for 10 runs! At least she threw pitches that went near home plate so our girls could swing! The third game was much more fun! We really like it when Allison pitches! The games go a lot faster!!

Since we played 3 games in a row starting at 9:00, we got home relatively early - around 4:00. Dave is still not home - bless his heart. I'm going to do my Bible Study lesson and then I'm crashing. Something about being outside all day. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...