Sunday, June 12, 2011

Busy, Busy!!

What a fun, but busy day we had today! Besides being busy, it was also a beautiful one! Dave, Bryan and I went to church this morning, where it was Pentacost Sunday...Pastor David used red balloons to represent the Holy Spirit and how you never know where or when the Holy Spirit will seek you out! I thought it was very effective! We had some really cool music today too!

After church I put ham balls in the oven to bake and then took off for Target to purchase a gift for a baby shower. I also stopped at Grahams to get ice cream so that I could be Bryan's favorite Step-Mom!! He loves Grahams!! When I got home, I heated up some cheesy baked potatoes and the ham balls were ready to eat. The guys had hung the mirrors in the bathroom...now I'm just hoping that the electrician comes tomorrow to wire the lights. Then we'll be able to mop the floor and finish this construction project!

Bryan left about 1:30 and I left for the baby shower at 1:45. I only stayed out there about 1 1/4 hours, and when I got home Dave wanted to go see "Pirates of the Caribbean". So we hit the movie theater for the matinee at 4:30. I love that time because there are usually only a handful of people there then. Today was no exception - I think there were 10 of us in the theater. We loved the movie. It's definitely full of action!! I missed Orlando Bloom and Kira Knightly's characters, but Penelope Cruz did a good job in her role! Of course, what can I say about Johnny Depp! He was very good as usual.

We did get some bad news today. One of our dear friends, who used to run with us in the Vintage Cruisers had a brain aneurysm last night and is in Iowa City, with only a 5% chance of survival. Diana and her family are in our prayers tonight. We love you, Di!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...