Saturday, June 18, 2011

Jammin' with Jesus

Today at our church we had Jammin' with Jesus and it was really fun. We had musicians galore there...singers, instrument players including drums, guitars, flutes, a keyboard player, and even just some spectators. Wendy did a great job talking about the role of music in worship. Tomorrow at church we're going to "show off" a little of what we did today! Dave was at Habitat all day, so I did church activities all morning, then was home all afternoon.

This afternoon, while I was sewing on my wall hanging, I temporarily lost my "focus" fabric. I've got at least 2 yards of it, so it's not like it's just a little piece. I couldn't find it anywhere! So, I left the room and read for a half an hour or so. When I came back, I looked some more and it had gotten a tub of fabric put on top of it. Guess what else I found? I found the rest of my pattern!! I don't know what's going to happen to me when I get old!! I would have sworn I didn't have those pattern pieces. Evidently when I got the pattern out, I decided to start with the star and just stuck the other pieces in the closet!! I'm really glad I found both the pieces AND the fabric!!

Today, I've got a couple more critters to share with you. This first one is one of the ugliest bugs I've ever seen. He was about 3 feet from my window and I could see him pretty clearly. I'm glad there was a screen between him and me!


This critter visits us about every day. Sometimes Dave throws broth or gravy out for the critters and we usually throw out bread crusts. This little girl(?) comes by frequently. I don't think she has a home!
We had some excitement in the 'hood tonight. We were sitting out on our stoop enjoying a glass of iced tea, when we heard a man screaming and then a woman screaming...having a domestic incident!! We came inside, because we didn't know if the flight would spill over to our corner of the neighborhood. We've got 2 houses nearby that we call drug houses and this was at one of them. Three police cars visited within minutes and about 45 minutes later, the guy left walking with two duffel bags and his dog! I wouldn't doubt but what we see him (or rather hear him) later tonight. He'll probably want some revenge!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...