Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hot, Hot Sunday!

I decided to wear my "little black dress" to church today...let me tell you, it was too hot to wear a little black dress!! I did, however, get about 20 compliments!! Maybe I should wear a dress more often! Some of the people at church didn't know that I had legs, I guess!

Pastor David talked about the ways people think they can get into heaven...the ladder of good works, the escalator of synergism, and the only way - the elevator of grace. To enable us to "picture" these, he had a couple of drama presentations. Dave and I were called before God and told that we had sinned and couldn't get into heaven...then Jesus spoke up and said he would take our sins on him and we were admitted. The second one had Satan chasing people who weren't saved by Grace. Good visuals!!

We tried to go to Bryan's today, but he wasn't home. So now we'll probably go up next weekend. Tomorrow I've got Bible Reading in the morning and Disciples in the evening. Also, The Closer starts its final season tomorrow night! Great show!! This week is PEO week and I've got to do some shopping to get ready to go to Alaska!

Here's a photograph that I took at Lake Red Rock of some Queen Anne's Lace. Beautiful weed - evidently the flies like it too! I think it's a gorgeous weed!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...