Sunday, July 3, 2011

Woohoo!

Another beautiful Sunday! We had a good crowd at church today and I loved the sermon. We're doing a series on the Apostles' Creed and we've gotten as far as Jesus Christ, his only Son... Very interesting material!

Dave and I went to a friend's 70th birthday party today. Her daughters surprised her - one even flew in from California just to be here for the surprise! Too bad it sprinkled as it was in a double garage and outside. No more than it rained, however, no one got very wet! Both my PEO chapter and my sorority chapter had lots of representatives there! Way to go, ladies!

We got some good news on my friend who had the aneurysm. She is out of her coma and seems pretty alert. She can't talk and she has to be lifted to a chair, but she gave another friend a "thumbs up" sign and pointed to Steve when the nurse asked her where her husband was. Steve told her the other day that she might hurt her knee because she was dangling it off the recliner, so she picked it up and put it on the foot rest. I think those are all wonderful signs. She will be moved shortly to Ankeny to a rehab center - just not sure when exactly. Keep praying for Diana - it's working!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...