Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July everyone! This turned out to be one gorgeous and fun day! I couldn't sleep again last night, so about 1:30 I took a pill to knock me out! This morning, about 8:15 Dave called to waken me and tell me to get ready because we were going cruising with Craig & Sue. We haven't done that since last year some time!

We took off and went to Bussey where they were having a city celebration. It didn't take us long to decide that we didn't want to stay there, so we drove to Red Rock...beautiful drive! The crops were beautiful and it's gently rolling countryside, so it was so pretty to see. The lake was gorgeous and not crowded either. We stopped and went near the dam and watched the water come pouring through. We also watched some fishermen ccatching large fish - Asian carp! One guy told us they weigh about 30 pounds so you have to wade into the water to haul them out. He'd only landed one and lost 2 others.

After we left Red Rock, we drove up to Monroe and got a dish of ice cream, and then headed back home. Again, it was a lovely day for a cruise!! Beautiful countryside - it's such a privilege to live in Iowa where there's lots of green! Craig & Sue went home to chore and then they had a visitation to attend. After the visitation, we were going to cook hamburgers on the grill. We came home and I went upstairs to straighten my back for a bit, while Dave went to the grocery store to get the cookout fixin's. Next thing you know it's 2 hours later and Dave is telling me that Craig & Sue are here! I was really tired, evidently!! Anyway, we had a good supper and a great day!

Busy week this week! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...