Saturday, August 27, 2011

Super Saturday

What a beautiful day today was. I've turned off the air conditioning and opened up the house! I just love weather like this - reminds me of football days in Ames!! Love it!!

I have been working on some samples for our Stamp Camp. Here's one that I'm quite pleased with - except I think I should have tied the bow a little tighter. The Rich Razzleberry rectangle is stamped by inking up a clear stamp block, then misting it with water and putting it on paper. Makes a very interesting backdrop for other stamps. In this case I used the maple leaf from Autumn Splendor. The "blotches" on the bottom left of the purple rectangle are caused by not having enough ink on the clear block. I like the effect, though!


Bryan came today. It's been fun seeing him and having him here. We didn't do much. He actually went to the Habitat house to help his dad for an hour or so. The guys went to the Recovery Room and to El Rancho Grande for supper. They brought home chips and salsa as well as tenderloins!!

Tonight we've just been sitting outside watching the hummingbirds and our resident bumblebee (who loves the hummingbird feeder)! It was a great evening for sitting out!!

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...