Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oh My...

I just heard from my brother. My middle niece and her family, who live in Texas, have been evacuated because of the fires near San Antonio. They have gone to Steve's sister's house in SA for now. It's so dry down there...there just doesn't seem to be anything anyone can do about the fires. Please keep Rhonda and her family in your prayers.

I am writing this early because I'm headed to choir practice, and I figure it will be a long night. We've already been told that we'll be doing a lot of practicing for this Vivaldi music that we're doing on October 2nd. We know one of the songs already and I have no clue how many more songs there are..5 or 6 I assume. These are not my kind of music, but Becky says it will be beautiful so I have to believe her.

The two C's were the plan of the day...cleaning and creating. I vacuumed the downstairs today so I got my cleaning going. I also washed some windows. It's nice to be able to see out of them again! Then I went upstairs and worked on some cards. Here's one I've been working on. I think it's one of the prettiest I've ever done. I got the idea from Tami at stampswithtami.com - she is very creative!! I don't think I can even begin to tell you how I created the wreath...suffice it to say it wasn't easy!! I had to make a shim (sort of) to go into the Big Shot along with the dry emboss folder. Then I used Certainly Celery and Real Red to color the wreath. The bow is Lucky Limeade and I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder. All products are Stampin' Up, of course!!

I'd better quit for now. I'm going to be late to choir! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...