Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gorgeous Sunday

We had such a beautiful day today! We had the doors and windows wide open on October 23rd - that's unheard of! I think it was 73 or so...and tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful too! We went to church this morning, as usual. Our choir sang a song called Elijah Rock a capella. I thought the alto part was really hard. We hit our notes every time in practice and then when we had to sing it for real, we missed our G! I couldn't believe that we were so far off. The congregation seemed to really like the song, though...you could see it on their faces. David's sermon was about Elijah...he's been doing a series on him for a while. Today's text was from I Kings 20, the last 5-7 verses. Very interesting series!

After lunch, Dave took his nap while I watched the Nascar race. I thought it was a boring race - I am not a fan of restrictor plate races! There was one horrific wreck - I just knew that guy would be hurt, but he wasn't...he walked away! After Dave woke up, he helped me clean up the house and then we went to Carl Willhoit's visitation. Carl fell getting out of the combine (he was 86 I think) and didn't recover from the head trauma. He was such a nice man. We waited in line almost an hour to see the family.

Tomorrow I have a stamp class here at my house at 9:00 AM...what was I thinking??? I am not a morning person, but I'll need to be tomorrow. Then at 2:00 I have an appointment with Dr. Hill about my knee. Then at 5:00 we will go to Loren's visitation. Loren's funeral is Tuesday morning, so we'll be back at Reese's for that. That's another sad one! He was burning off some waterways and was either overcome by smoke or had a heart attack. We heard today that Loren and Carl were in high school together. They'll both be missed!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...