Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday, Sunday


I love Sundays! It's a day when we get to see our church family and worship with them. Today's sermon was about the love of money, because it was Stewardship Sunday. Pastor David presented our church's need for money in a different way than I've ever heard...he talked about giving to bring others to Christ, not just to make our "budget". We had a new young couple at church today...he's a teacher at Evans. They have 1 little girl and another baby on the way. It's so good to have young couples in our church again...the sound of little ones talking during church is music to our ears!!

I am still re-living my weekend. After church I came home and went to bed. I am so tired and my knee is killing me!! I slept until 3-something. I sure hope I can sleep tonight!! I wanted to point out something in this picture. Look how short I am!! I never knew that Tony (far right) was so tall. I knew that Guy (behind me) and Tim (2nd from right) were really tall, but I'm still surprised at how short I am!!! I hadn't seen any of these 4 guys since about 1978 or so. Guy lives in Cape Girardeau, Dave (to my left) lives in Northern Iowa, Tim lives in Denver, and Tony lives in Atlanta! Soooo much fun!!
Today was a gorgeous day! In fact it's still 49 degrees outside - must have been 65 or so today! This week, however, they're calling for rain, colder temps, and possibly snow! Yuck! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...