Monday, January 16, 2012

Busy, Busy!!

This was another beautiful, but busy, day!  This morning, I was picked up at 10:10 to go to a tea room for lunch...with a bunch of Red-Hatters!  I wore brown!  Fantastic lunch.  The restaurant was called the Wildflower and it had things like soups, sandwiches, chicken salad, waldorf chicken salad, blue crab quiche, asparagus and leek quiche, etc.  Big portions, too.  I had the chicken salad plate, which had a mixed green salad (little green beans, carrots, cucumbers, tomato slices, radishes, purple cabbage with ranch dressing, a big helping of chicken salad, a small bowl of fresh fruit (cantaloupe, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, fresh pineapple, bing cherry, and grapes) and a hunk of cornbread with honey butter!  All of that was 9.50!!  Everyone raved about the food!  They also served breakfast, but by the time we ordered it was after 11:00 when they stopped serving breakfast.  I hope to go back there sometime!  The desserts looked scrumptious too, but we didn't have any!

After lunch, we stopped at 4-5 consignment or thrift shops.  One we stopped at wasn't open, but I plan to go back there when it's open.  I can't remember the name of it, but it's on Clearwater-Largo so I can find it again.  It had really cool stuff in the window! 

We got home about 2:00 or so.  When I got home, Dave had the first coat of paint on the bathroom walls.  That was a lovely surprise.  I think he'll probably work on the floor tomorrow after bowling!  He bought a new commode today so when he takes the potty out, he'll put the floor down.  He also planted a new plant out front.  What a guy!!

At 6:30 I went up to the clubhouse to play 7s from Hell.  I'd never heard of this card game, but it's a version of foot canasta, which I'd played before.  It's a really fun game and fun ladies.  On Thursdays they play euchre and I may try that too.  I played that some in college, but I can't remember much about it. 

Tomorrow is bowling.  I'm going to watch again.  My knee is much better, but I'm going to baby it just a while longer.  I'm going to help collect the money and do the payouts. 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...