Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pretty day!

What a pretty day this turned out to be.  It was a little cold to begin with, but it warmed up before noon.  When we got ready for church, I put on a long-sleeved shirt and long pants,, but before we left, I changed into a short sleeved shirt and I'm sure glad I did!  It was very warm in church.  There was a good crowd at church today.  It ended up lasting about 1 3/4 hours - long service!!  They had installation and ordination of deacons and elders, so that's what took so long...plus one song we sang had 7 verses!  Pastor Laura started a 4-week study of the middle chapters of I Corinthians.  She uses no notes when she preaches, so sometimes she gets a little lost...but I enjoyed her sermon today. 

After church and lunch, Dave started washing down the walls in the bathroom.  He filled in holes tonight, so hopefully he's ready to paint in there tomorrow.  I sure hope so, I'm tired of being torn up!  Later in the afternoon, Bob came down and he and I started planting spider plants and the scheffelera and palm that I had them haul down here from Iowa.  Dave came out and helped us too.  I got down on my hands and knees at one point...that probably wasn't real smart...my knee hurts a little tonight!!  Regardless, we got all the plants planted.  Dave's going to Lowe's tomorrow for some things and he's going to buy a Croton for up front, plus some more white rock.  Hopefully all of the plants live...they probably will if we remember to water them for a while!

Tomorrow, Ann, Marcia and I are going to go with the Red Hatters to a tea room for lunch.  I AM NOT JOINTING THE RED HAT SOCIETY, I'm just going to lunch with them.  Should be fun!

I watched football all weekend.  I loved the San Francisco-New Orleans game...hated the Denver-New England game...didn't get to watch the Houston-Baltimore game...and loved the New York-Green Bay game!!  All of the games were great playoff games except for the Denver game.  Denver needed an offensive line - they were pretty bad.  Poor Tim Tebow - I'm sure he hurts today as many times as he got sacked!  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...