Thursday, January 12, 2012

Uh oh - Dave's not happy with me!!

Dave is still working on the bathroom, trying to get the bottom layer of paper off.  I hear him saying shirt-without-the-r and mumbling in there.  When I ask what's wrong, he just says, "Nothing, just leave me alone."  So I'm staying out of his way.  He told me this evening that I should never ever start tearing off paper when he's not ready to work on the room...about an hour later, he said it wasn't my fault, that the room needed done.  Unfortunately, they didn't size the walls under the paper, plus the paneling in there is only about 1/4" thick, so the walls aren't good to begin with...plus since it's a bathroom, there's lots of "issues" with moisture, etc.  The window is going to have to be replaced because it's falling apart.  We did buy the flooring today.  I can hardly wait until it's done!  Dave told me it would be a long time until he does the bedroom, so I'm not to pull off any border in there.

We went shopping with Bob & Ann today - went to Lowe's (I hate Lowe's!!!) and to Target!  We needed 40 square feet of bathroom flooring which is 12" squares of vinyl that look like stone...the first Lowe's only had 9 or so, but the salesman looked up inventory and told us they had 127 of them at the Countryside location.  So after going to Target, we went north to the 2nd Lowe's.  We couldn't find any full boxes of tiles...just some individual tiles.  Guess what, there were 40 of them exactly!  When we went through the checkout, the lady told us there had been a gentleman there earlier and bought as many of that particular flooring as he could find!!  We were lucky to get 40 of them!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...