Friday, January 27, 2012

What did we do today??

Why, we went to Lowe's for the 900th time since we've been here!  I HATE Lowe's!!!  Not really - I just get tired of being there all the time!!  Since it was raining this morning, it rained out shuffleboard.  So, Bob, Ann, Dave and I went to Lowe's.  Then we went to Michaels and to Ross'.  By the time we got through with those 3 stores, it was lunchtime, so we went to Pete & Shorty's on Gulf to Bay.  Pete & Shorty's is a bar/restaurant in Clarksville, Iowa.  The one down here (1,368 miles southwest of the original) started after the guys who started the Hooters chain decided to start a P&S too.  The Hooters chain was started by two guys (among others) from Waverly, Iowa.  The original Hooters is next door to the Pete & Shorty's we went to today.  I had a Loose Meat Pete which is sort of like a Maid-Rite and fries.  It was pretty good!  The other three had the Friday special - fried fish & fries (plus cole slaw).  The fish special was a mild white fish which reminded me of Long John Silvers fish.  I think Ann said it was pollock.  It was fish that even I could eat!

This afternoon I made a chipped beef dip for happy hour.  There were about 26 of us at happy hour - good crowd.  Everyone brings things to snack on for happy hour, so there's no need to have supper!  Tonight we've just been hangin' out!  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...