Thursday, January 26, 2012

Great Day

We had a wonderful day today.  We left at 8:30 this morning for Sarasota so Dave could go fishing with his dad.  As it turned out, it wasn't a great day for fishing - it got really, really windy.  I have never seen white caps on the water at Lido before - sure did today, though.  Dave said there were dolphins or porpoises playing in the water there.  I missed them, unfortunately, because Roberta and I were shopping at Bealls!! 

She and I picked up Subway sandwiches for the guys and took them out to Lido.  We sat right near the water at a picnic bench, holding on to our sandwiches and napkins for dear life.  If you put anything down the wind just blew it away!  The sand out there is that really fine white sand - sometimes my sandwich tasted a little gritty!!

Roberta and I also picked up 10 quarts of strawberries - 2 for them, 2 for Bob & Ann, 2 for Ron & Marcia, 2 for Sudi & Howard, and 2 for us...are they ever delicious!!  The strawberry beds are beautiful...perfectly straight lines, raised beds covered with black paper, and not a blade of grass anywhere near the berries!

On our way home today, Dave was driving and I was watching the water near the Sunshine bridge.  Guess what I saw -- yep, I saw a dolphin!!  Yay - it was a very good day!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...