Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday

Today was a Saturday with Jami and the kids!  We met Jami & Danny at Walmart this morning...Danny has outgrown his little 10" bike!  We can't let that happen, can we?  So, we bought him a 16" bike today.  He was pretty excited!  He told me he was going to help Grandpa put it together!  When we got home, he went outside with Grandpa and every few minutes he'd come in and say, "Grandma Peg, it's not done yet."  He's just so darn cute!!  I left my camera in the trunk or I'd show you a picture of him on his bike...maybe tomorrow!  Anyway, he got on and started riding all by himself (it has training wheels)...but he oversteered and the bike fell over with him on it and he skinned up his leg.  So then, he didn't want to get back on.  Grandpa fixed his training wheels AND added a Lightning McQueen horn and off he went.  Jami walked with him a little ways, but he took of on his own.  When he came back down the street, he was really moving!!

We also went to Cardinal Gibbons HS today - Kelly had gone there with her dad (Megan was at a birthday party).  Kelly was climbing a rock wall that was probably 20 feet high (maybe more!).  She did it at least 15 times!  Some of the high school girls couldn't do it, but Kelly could with no problem!  Megan had a great time at her party - it was at Parrot Jungle in Miami.  She held 2 snakes and an alligator!  Brave child!!

Tonight, Kelly was writing a narrative story.  She let me read an expository story she had written yesterday.  I was really impressed.  I do writing assessment for the Ottumwa School District when I'm home, and I wish the 10th graders I assess would use the descriptive phrases she does.  She would get 5's all the way across the board if we were to assess her paper!  Her daddy also likes to write, so she's a natural already in 4th grade!  Megan, who's in 2nd grade, wrote a 3 paragraph paper that was also a 4-5 paper according to all the criteria we assess with.  Good job, girls!

Tomorrow is church, more shopping, and then....the first NASCAR race of the season!!  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...