Friday, February 10, 2012

Shuffling Around!

It's Friday and that means shuffleboard at "The Ranch"!  I really like this game!  The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to be mean sometimes...and I don't like being mean.  I have a really hard time knocking some people out of scores - they're just so nice.  This game requires you to play defense far more than offense.  If someone scores, you have to knock them off their score.  If someone knocks you out of a score box, you have to try to get back in which sometimes requires putting them in the kitchen (which is a -10)...I have a really hard time with that!  I don't think you should put people in the kitchen just because you can...it's really mean!  So, today I played my neighbor.  I didn't want to be mean to her...she beat me.  Then I played the sweetest lady in the park and I couldn't be mean to her, but I won any way.  So I was 1-1 today.  The other two games I kept score.  The redbirds won 17-15!!

Ddave painted furniture.  He got both of the bedside stands done.  Tomorrow he'll paint the armoire.  He didn't shuffle today...he wants to get everything done before his sister gets here.  I plan to get my closet curtains hemmed tomorrow.  I've got them pinned where I want them hemmed.  When I do this, I'll also iron them and they're going to look really cool!  I'm also planning to sew the chair backs and seats for our dumpster chairs.  It's really hard doing things without all the tools I have at home...like a rotary cutter and cutting mat.  I think I'm all set now though...I borrowed a sewing machine and straight pins and I bought thread.  We'll see if I can get all of my projects done.  It's not supposed to be very nice weatherwise, so it'll be good to have indoor projects!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...