Saturday, February 11, 2012

What a day/night!!

Winter has come back to Florida...anyway this is whaat the natives call winter!  Right now it's 55 degrees but with a brisk north wind, so it IS a little chilly.  It was still a beautiful day, though.  It was sunny for the most part - I was not uncomfortable in shorts.  Tomorrow morning may be another story alltogether, though, as it's supposed to get down into the low 30's tonight.  The sky is absolutely gorgeous tonight - I hope it is where you are! 

We worked around here today.  Dave painted the bedroom furniture and I worked on shortening the curtains.  I got them all done and hung back up.  Then this afternoon, I worked on recovering the dumpster diving chairs that Dave saved.  I need to go back to JoAnn's and get some more fabric.  The fabric I bought wasn't as thick as what was on the chairs originally and I'm a little concerned about the strength of a single layer of the new fabric.  So I'm making everything a double thickness and therefore don't have enough fabric.  Darn - I sure hope they still have some of it.  There were 2 bolts when I got mine, but that's been a while ago. 

This evening we had a Valentine's dance at the clubhouse, honoring those in our park who have been married over 50 years.  We have one couple who have been married 62 years!!  We had a wonderful dinner and a lovely evening.  We were in charge of playing the music because of the fact that we have a bunch of 50's and 60's CDs.  Not many people danced, but when the majority of the people went home, the rest of us had a blast!!  We sang and danced and laughed!!  Lots of fun.  It's great exercise to dance, but it's sure a lot of work when you're not used to it!  I'll probably have to ice my knee all day tomorrow!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...