Saturday, February 18, 2012

Super Saturday

We slept in this morning - didn't set out to sleep in, but did!  We had our monthly breakfast at the rec hall at 8:30 and we were still in bed at 8:00!  So we had to hurry a bit!!  After breakfast, Dave helped the guys do dishes and clean up, while I came home. 

When he got home, we went out to a park where there were supposed to be alligators, sea otters, sea turtles, and ospreys (among other birds)...you notice I said "supposed to be". We didn't see either alligators or sea otters. We did see a turtle out of the water, and the ospreys, but mostly we saw...snakes - yuck!!   I got a little freaked out seeing the snakes that weren't in captivity...I don't mind snakes if they're in glass viewing boxes!!  In case you were wondering, I didn't take a picture of ANY of the snakes, but attached are some cool pictures I did take today!
This is a water plant...just below this is the first snake we saw...I concentrated just on the flower!

This is the osprey nest with both ospreys in it.  Our neighbors said there were babies in the nest, but we couldn't see them.
 
This is way up high - as you can see, it's up near the electrical wires.


 
I just thought this branch with its reflection was cool.

 

This little guy was just sunning himself on this log.  I got about 6 pictures of him for all different angles - he posed for me!

I wish we would have seen the alligator, but it wasn't to be.  He was probably spooked by the snakes too!!

After our adventure, we went to a thrift store and found a headboard for our bedroom.  We hauled it home in the Cadillac!!  It was kind of like the Beverly Hillbillies with it sticking out of the trunk!  I'm sure the Cadi was humiliated that we were using it as a pickup!!  Dave started sanding it and got the first coat of paint on it.  He'll finish it tomorrow, I'm sure!

Here's a shot of the director's chair I recovered.  If you remember, Dave did some dumpster diving to get 2 of these chairs.  He painted them with some spray paint we had in the shed, and I found this fabric to cover them...pretty, isn't it?  The fabric is almost the same as the fabric on the cushions. 

 

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...