Tuesday, March 13, 2012

B&B-less Tuesday

No bowling or bingo to report on today.  With the girls here, we want to do things with them instead of the regular stuff we do.  They would have been bored to death!!




Today was, however, another busy, busy day.  We went to another nature preserve today - this one was called Moccasin Lake.  I figured it was going to have a million snakes, but we didn't see any.  We did, however, see a roseate spoonbill, an osprey, a bunch of turtles, peacocks, and an alligator's head.  Here are a few pictures that the girls took.  Since their camera battery is dead, they used both Dave's and my cameras and took some really good pictures.

I love this peacock...I believe Megan took this shot.  I enhanced it a bit by changing the exposure and cropping it, but that's a good picture! 



This is a roseate spoonbill from clear across a 5 acre lake.  Just to the right of this picture and not in the shot, is an alligator. 





This is an albino peacock.  The girls were fascinated with him.


Here is just some of the beauty we saw today! 

This afternoon, Dave took the girls to the pool while I took a short nap...I couldn't sleep last night...it was 2:30 before I was able to wind down.  Then after supper we all took a bike ride.

The girls are already asleep and Dave's in bed.  Tomorrow we're playing miniature golf - we didn't have time for it today!!  More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...