Saturday, April 14, 2012

Back on the bleachers!

I guess you could say that we're back on the bleachers again!  Allison played ball today for the first time.  I went to Libertyville for a 9:00 game and stayed until she was done playing at about 3:00...3 games!  She pitched the first game - did a real good job.  She walked 3, but in her defense, the umpire was VERY inconsistent with his strike zone....and he was VERY grumpy, too!  They won that game 8-0.  She caught for the 2nd game...they lost it.  She played 1st base in the 3rd game and they lost it in OT 12-11.  She was swinging the bat really well, too, so she had a good day!

I have to tell you that I wore shorts to the games because it was supposed to be 78 degrees today...well, I doubt that it even got to 60!  I was glad that I had a blanket in my car!  It drizzled a little on us, too...but we all persevered!!  Next weekend she plays in Washington, but I've got a meeting in Des Moines so I won't get to go.  Bummer!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...