Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Busy, busy day!

Today was a VERY busy day for me!  I went to Libertyville for my childhood friend's mom's funeral, graveside service, and luncheon.  His mom was 96 - what a wonderful life!  She had 4 kids  - all of whom were there, as well as their extended families.  It was really great seeing them, even under those circumstances.  I have only seen Dana about twice in the last 45 years.  He and I were "buds" back in our school days!  We got into some mischief together - not trouble, just mischief!!!

After lunch, I took off for my doctor's appointment in Iowa City.  I gave myself 2 hours to get there and I was about 50 minutes early!!  Unfortunately, I didn't get in to see the doc early!  I waited in the waiting room until it was my turn!  The news was good, though!  I don't have Parkinson's!!!  He wants to see me again in a year.  By the time I got done and home, it was 6:30 and I was really tired!  Dave ordered a pizza and had it waiting for when I got home.  After supper I went upstairs and put on my jammies!  No choir practice for me tonight!!

I had a message from one of my "boys" who graduated from Iowa State in 1977.  He wanted me to call him.  I hadn't seen him or talked to him since '77.  It was really great catching up with him and his family.  Hopefully he'll get in touch with some of the other guys on my FB page...and I was able to send him a phone number for the coach who recruited him way back when!  That was fun!!!


More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...