Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Perfection!!

This was just about the most perfect day ever!  It was in the low 70's and plentiful sunshine - my kind of day!!  I had it planned that I would "play" making cards most of the day, but that didn't work quite the way I wanted it to.  Before I'd even had my shower this morning, my brother called and wanted to know if we'd picked up the flowers from the cemetery.  Since we were going to do it tonight, he said that we should go get them this morning.  I had to scramble to be ready in less than 30 minutes!!  We got back home around 10:30 or so - there went the largest part of the morning!!

I fixed my lunch and finished my graduation cards!!  Yay!  Now to get them in the mail.  I actually found some envelopes that worked just fine, so they'll go out in tomorrow's mail...IF I have any stamps.  Uh oh, no stamps - another delay!

This is the card that I made.  The top of the graduation cap pivots on the red brad on the left (above the congratulations) to reveal a place for money or a gift card or a check - whatever!  It's a pretty cool card.  Obviously everything I used except for the tassel is from Stampin' Up.  The tassel is just a scrap of yarn.  I should have taken a picture of the card open - sorry, didn't get that done.  Pretty cool card - and easy too!

Tonight Bob, Ann, and I went to Washington to watch Allison's Y team play softball.  Allison pitched the first two innings - faced 7 batters and struck out 6!!  She also had a couple of good hits...unfortunately they were right at one of the other team's players so she was put out.  Allison's team won 10-0!  Finally - a team that wins!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...