Sunday, June 3, 2012

Beautiful Sunday!

I know I sound like a broken record...today was another beautiful day!!  Any day the windows are open and the air conditioner or heater are off is a great day!  This one was just about perfect!  Of course, it started with us going to church this morning.  Pastor David gave a very moving sermon based on Jeremiah 31:31-34, where God said the new covenant was written on our hearts and in our minds.  PD also talked about how the Bible was full of wild and wacky contradictions and that some of the "rules/laws" are obsolete.  He even talked about God's loving homosexuals...  I was a little concerned how our congregation would take this, but I heard no dissension at all!  I wish you ould have been there for his sermon today...it was very thought-provoking!

After church, we came home and ate lunch.  We had leftovers, so it didn't take long to prepare!!  Then I decided to tackle my studio.  I have trouble working in there because it's so crowded and cluttered.  So, I did a bit of a clean sweep.  Here are the before pictures:  No wonder that my creativity gets blocked - look at my work surface!

 Even my sewing cabinet is completely covered with "stuff"!
As is the dresser that holds the stereo.  You even had to be careful coming in the door or you'd knock something off!
 Now, this is after about 4 hours of working!!  This is much better - I can actually work on this surface!
 The mending is done and put away, as is the rest of the "stuff"!
 Now I can even see the stereo and not worry about knocking anything off when I come into the room!

That was a BIG job, but I listened to the race while I was working up there so the afternoon went fast.  Dave worked outside all afternoon, and together we also got the laundry done for the week!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...