Saturday, June 2, 2012

What a day!

Dave went to work today and I had planned to go to Mt Pleasant to watch Allison play ball.  However, I looked at my calendar yesterday and saw that I had election training this morning at 10:30.  Now, I'd rather do almost anything than sit through election training...and today was no exception.  It was B-O-R-I-N-G.  The only thing I heard today that I didn't know was that you won't get called to jury duty by voting in a primary.  Jury names are drawn from lists from the DMV!  I'd always heard that if you voted in a primary, you'd be sent a jury summons...but evidently that isn't true!  So, everyone get out and vote in your primary on Tuesday.

I decided after sitting through two hours of boredom, I deserved a special lunch.  I treated myself to the Lucky Rooster.  While I was there, I bought a quart of soup - Cajun Chicken & Rice.  I thought I'd surprise Dave with a bowl of soup for supper.  The surprise was on me, though.  Dave came home early and said he was going to Des Moines to pick something up for work and wanted me to ride along!  While he was at Harbor Freight, I got to go to Hobby Lobby.  It's always fun to "shop" at HL - even though I didn't buy anything but a storage container for my 12x12 papers and a pink Sharpie!  They have some cool stuff!

While we were in Des Moines, we ate supper at 5 & Diner (actually in Pleasant Hill).  Even though I only ate half my sandwich and fries, I'm still stuffed!!  I wish we'd waited and eaten a bowl of soup.  I'd have felt better!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...