Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot!!

My computer said it was 94 degrees here today.  It was only 89 in Fort Lauderdale at the time.  Right now it's 82 degrees in Ft Lauderdale, Clearwater, AND Ottumwa...and it's 9:30 PM.  Now, that's hot!  Thank goodness we had a stiff breeze!

Dave came home from work and started cutting up the little branches.  I've been calling him Paul Bunyon!  Except when you see the pictures, he's little and the tree is big!





He's planning to cut up the little stuff to save us some $$!  He's assuming that it won't cost so much if whoever we hire only has to do the big stuff!!  I hope he's right.  I think there are some vultures in town, getting BIG bucks for cutting up the trees.  I hope most people are smart enough to get a second opinion.  We heard of one lady who paid $3,000 to have a downed tree removed...that's highway robbery.  This tree was supposed to be somewhere between $650 and $900 to take down when it was still standing....It should be less now, I'd think!  After all, it's already down!

More later...

2 comments:

  1. Our neighbor across the street had to pay $2,800 to have a tree removed just recently. I hope you got a written quote for when the tree was still standing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! We don't have a written estimate, but hopefully he'll stand by what he said. All that's really left are the BIG pieces!

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...