Friday, June 15, 2012

Interesting Day!

This morning I had PEO here at my house because Ann had to be in Iowa City for an appointment.  So 17 ladies were here awaiting Mary's arrival - Mary is our VP and was running the meeting today because our President is out of town.  Finally Mary arrived.  She came to me and asked me to do the meeting because she wasn't prepared...I said I would.  As long as she gave me the President's book, it's a piece of cake to run a meeting.  That's when the fun began...she didn't have the book.  It seems the Prez had gone out of town and didn't get around to getting the book to any one!  Now, we had a couple of choices...we could just consider this a social meeting or we could wing it!  I chose to wing it.  We had the best meeting!!  I pretty much remembered the order of everything, just not the exact wording of each part of the meeting.  It was very relaxed and everyone felt comfortable contributing.  It was nice if I do say so myself!!  Maybe we should just throw away that book!!!  Oh, but there's more!  The Prez also was to give her Convention Report today and we didn't have that either!  So we called her and she emailed it to me...I was able to read it off my computer!  Isn't technology grand!!

After PEO, Kathy, Juliene and I went to The Vine for lunch and then we came back here for an afternoon of stamping.  It was really a fun afternoon.  Kathy is such a joy to be around!!

Another nice thing happened.  Dave came home early and went to Washington with me to watch Allison play ball.  She pitched the first two innings...one girl got on base.  Then she pitched the fifth inning and she only threw good pitches.  It was 3 up and 3 down.  I was glad that Dave got to see her pitch like that - wow!  We stayed and went to supper with Allison & Vicki.  Al was sick.  Marilyn, Don, and Bev were also there (some of Allison's grandparents).  Unc & Neph's was packed tonight...I guess since it is Friday night, everyone in Washington was ready to party!!

There was another good thing...by the time we got home, we'd had an inch of rain!!  Praise the Lord!  We really need it!!  I hope we have another inch overnight!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...