Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lost Day!

I lost a whole day yesterday AND today!  Yesterday I had to be at work at Precinct 2's polls at 6:00 AM!  That is really, really early and I don't do early very well.  I did, however, make it on time!  We had only 212 or so voters all day and all evening.  This is a very small percentage as we have somewhere around 1700 registered voters in our precinct.  I really don't blame anyone for not voting, though.  Almost all of the positions were unopposed.  I think maybe the Republicans had 2 on their ballot and the Democrats had 1.  So, all in all, it was a boring election!  We, however, had a good time!!  Six of us were working in our precinct and it was a fun group.  So our day went rather quickly.  The last hour really dragged, but that's all.  We only had one voter from 8:00-9:00 PM.  We had the best turnout in the city, so we're the #1 precinct!!!

Anyway, I didn't get home until about 9:45 PM and I was exhausted.  I hadn't slept but 3 hours the night before and last night my legs kept jumping because I had sat all day...so very little sleep last night, too.  Today, I sat in my chair and dozed off and on all day.  In fact, I missed a meeting with Juliene and I didn't go to Allison's ball game.  I am just too tired today!

I did hear a good joke yesterday!  It seems that Donald Duck and Daisy Duck had decided to go on a date.  Things got rather amorous and Daisy said, "Donald, you know I only practice safe sex."  Since there was a drugstore nearby, Donald went in to buy some protection.  When the druggist rang up his purchase, he asked Donald if he could put it on his bill.  Donald said, "Heck no, I wouldn't be able to breathe!!""  I thought that was a lol joke!!  Maybe it was because the lady told us at 8:15 last night and we were starting to get a little punchy.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...