Saturday, November 10, 2012

Beautiful Saturday!

This was an absolutely gorgeous day both here and in O-town, evidently!  At one time I looked at the temps and it was 73 both places!  Right now it's 68 in both towns!  Pretty cool for November 10th!  Fortunately, though, our weather will stay about the same and O-town's is supposed to go to pot...I think they're saying around 40 and possible snow tomorrow.  Yuck!

We decided to go see some sights today, so we headed to the water.  I took both cameras because I wanted to try out the new one...and compare the two.  I got some pretty pictures with both cameras.  I still don't know much about the new camera, but I'm learning!!

Here are some shots I took today.

We took a hike at this nature preserve - it's in Indian Shores (I think).  It's just a neat wooden walkway out to the water.  At the end of the walk, this heron was watching a young family fishing...waiting patiently for a shrimp or a fish.
At the end of the walkway, we were surrounded by water, but also by mangroves.  We saw some big fish and some little gars, but other than them and the heron, there was no other "nature" around.
So we went to lunch with Sudi & Howard at Gators in Treasure Island...right at the big drawbridge.  While we were there, this guy threw out a net and caught dozens of bait fish.  They hauled them in and took off to go fishing!!
I caught this pelican as he was just taking off...notice his damaged feathers...I hope he flies straight!!
There was a Veterans Day boat parade while we were eating lunch.  This is just one of the boats...there must have been 50 boats or so taking part.
All the time the boat parade was going, these pelicans were sitting on this rail.  It appeared to me that they were watching the parade!!  I thought it was funny!
Right now I'm trying to watch Kaylee's soccer game online, so I've got a split screen going.  It's not very easy to watch and there's no audio, so you don't know much that's going on.  This is the first game of the national tournament, and I think Wartburg is down 1-0...but I'm not sure.  Let's go Knights!  Speaking of games, it wasn't a good day for either Iowa State or Iowa.  Since Purdue won, it wasn't a total bust for our teams!  It's been a bad week for the Cyclone Nation, though.  Both Trent Van Hoosen and John Arnaud died this week.  Trent died suddenly of a blood clot and John died in Hospice (I assume of cancer).  Plus Coach Anderson (wrestling when I was there) also passed this week.  RIP my friends.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...