Thursday, May 23, 2013

Big Day

I left home this morning at 8:30.  I picked up Sudi & Howard and off we went on an adventure to Cantril, Iowa!  I had some things I wanted from the Dutchman's Store and I was glad that Sudi and Howard wanted to go with!!  We ate lunch about 11:00 - it left a bit to be desired, but then we stopped at the Malt Shop in Keosauqua and had ice cream.  Sudi had a medium blizzard type thing and I ordered a medium twist cone.  The lady behind the counter told me how big the medium cone was so I opted for a small.  Next time I'm having a baby cone because there must have been a pint of ice cream in that small cone!  I know you think I'm exaggerating, but not much!  That was the most ice cream I've eaten in one sitting ever!  Plus I had to eat it quickly because I was driving!

After spending a few minutes talking with Sudi at their house, I met my brother at Fell Cemetery outside of Libertyville.  We decorate a bunch of graves and today was our day to do that.  At one point both of us were down on the ground working on getting the "saddle" to stay on Mom & Dad's stone.  We finally got it to stay on.  Hopefully no strong winds will come up between now and when we pick the flowers up.  After we finished at Fell, we moved on to Batavia where we did a bunch more.  Then home to get ready to go to a visitation in the evening.

Busy day -- I'm tired but enjoyed the day immensely.  Maybe tomorrow I will feel hungry again and can eat a couple of malted milk balls that I bought at the Dutchman's!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...