Saturday, June 1, 2013

Quite a day!

Allison's first game today was at 8:00 AM in Kalona...I didn't make that game!  Her second game was at 11:00 and I made that one!  I drove to Kalona by myself, since Bob & Ann were already there and Dave was working Habitat.  It was a beautiful day for a drive.  Lots of water around farm fields and especially around small creeks!  Small creeks looked like raging rivers today!  It was also a gorgeous day for watching softball.  I just wish the A's were a better team.  Most of these girls have been playing ball for 4 years now and sometimes it looks as if they have no clue what they're supposed to do!  They did improve all day, but they still made stupid mistakes!  I really thought they were going to win the 3:30 game, but a fielding bobble sent the game into a tie and overtime...and we lost by 1.  Bummer!

The 3:30 game was against the Fairfield team which has Erik Allison's daughter on it.  So I had a niece and great-niece on the A's and a 2nd cousin and a 3rd cousin on the Fairfield team.  It was good to see them!

 Mother-daughter confab before a game!
 Allison running to 1st base after the 4th ball.
Erik's daughter, McKenna

We got by most of the day without showers...just one little shower during the overtime game.  Enough to get us wet, but not soaked.  After the game while we were driving home, we got into another little shower around Richland.  All in all, though, it was a wonderful day!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...