Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fun Day!

We really had a fun day today.  Of course, like all Sundays, it started at church.  Pastor David talked about favoritism today - from James 2:1-9 and Acts 10:34.  Great sermon again, PD!  Then after fellowship time, Dave and I both took short naps...skipped lunch!  We went to the movie theater to watch The Lone Ranger this afternoon and ate our lunch there!  Popcorn!  Loved the movie!  Thought the critics were way wrong on this one!  It's nothing like the Lone Ranger on TV, so the critics panned it.  Johnny Depp did a great job as Tonto - again, though, nothing like Jay Silverheels on TV!  He just brings so much to every character he plays!  Arnie Hammer made a good Lone Ranger, too.  He definitely looked the part, however his teeth were way too white for the time period!!  Funny how you notice things like that!  The horse stole the show!  Silver was wonderful!

Before we went to the movie, Dave yelled at me to come see the red fox in our yard.  I didn't have time to get my camera, but he/she was beautiful!  He must have heard Dave cause he went trotting off to the north side of St Joe's.

Today was also National Ice Cream day, so Dave went to Graham's and bought ice cream for our dessert tonight.  We had BLTs with tomatoes off of our own plants with ice cream for dessert!  Quite a wonderful day, if I do say so myself!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...