Thursday, July 11, 2013

Goodbye Auntie Mae

Today, we laid our Auntie Mae to rest in Fell Cemetery outside of Libertyville.  The funeral service was very nice.  Rev. Cecil did the tribute and 4 of us got up to talk about a memory of A. Mae...Randy, Teressa, A. Janie, and me.  At the beginning of the funeral, Bob rang a school bell and told us that class was in session.  The rest of us rang her school bell marking the end of the funeral.  Following a short ceremony at the cemetery, we went to Faith UM Church in L'ville for cookies and iced tea and fellowship.  Of course, I took my camera, too.

This first picture is of the first cousins, minus Jon and Robert who didn't get to come.  Larry and Donnie have passed, so there are only 9 of us left.

 This is a picture of most of the family there.
The Cooksey "kids" were a little late getting back from the cemetery, so I took a separate picture of them.  
 Of all 11 of the first cousins, there were first 6 boys born, then the 3 of us girls, then 2 more boys.  So here are the girls.  Bob's the oldest boy now and I'm the oldest girl.
As funerals go, it was a pretty good one.  We had lots of fun getting together, even though it was for a funeral of our aunt.  RIP Auntie Mae - we'll miss you!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...