Sunday, July 28, 2013

Super Sunday!

75 degrees and no humidity!!  Can't ask for a nicer day, can we??  It was good to go to church and not cook today!  Pastor David continued his series from the book of James. Today's sermon was about faith with works.  Very interesting reading from James 2:14-26.  We had the praise band there today.  I came to the conclusion that our congregation just doesn't have the right dynamic for the praise band.  Most everyone is sitting there just staring at the words of the music, but not singing.  It's funny, though, that when the band plays something familiar, we can really rock First Presbyterian!  They played 3 songs that were familiar to most of us and two that we'd not heard.  I prefer songs from the hymnal, but I don't mind praise music.  I'd hate to take a poll, though!!

We went with Bunch for Lunch today after church.  There were 10 of us at Courtside.  We all laughed a lot and enjoyed some good food.  We haven't had Courtside food for a long time so it was nice for a change.

This afternoon, Dave napped while I watched the race.  Other than that, we had a pretty uneventful day!  Tomorrow starts a busy week for both of us!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...